[SOLVED] Can i use my IGP for display and still use my gpu for games?

Dec 16, 2021
As title says , problem is , my dvi cable wont fit into my gpu i have right now (1030) , and i honestly don't have any free time to look for a new cable as i'm always working and arriving way too late to get one , till i get some time to buy a new cable , is it possible to use the onboard card for display while using my gpu for games?

Solution
All motherboards should allow that, although some may have weird settings to make it happen, if the igpu is connected usually it will be enabled.
Also on windows 10 running graphics settings allows you to choose an exe and set it to use the igpu or dgpu.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Aside from the cable issue:

Some systems will allow you to boot utilizing both the onboard graphics and the discrete card. In this case you would have the onboard connected to one monitor, and the GPU connected to another. You would have to hit "windows key +P" and select the monitor the GPU is connected to as the primary, then start your game.

All motherboards should allow that, although some may have weird settings to make it happen, if the igpu is connected usually it will be enabled.
Also on windows 10 running graphics settings allows you to choose an exe and set it to use the igpu or dgpu.

Solution