Can I use my Powerlogic psu to power my system?

munozmigs8

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
I have a powerlogic 700w psu that comes with my case which is power logic also but my question is, will it be safe to power my system? Here are my specs:
Ryzen 3 2200g
1x8gb ddr4 ram 2400mhz
500gb hdd
And i probably get 2 fans soon if my psu can take it plus i will use the on board graphics of the ryzen.
Thank you for your answers.

Solution
That powerlogic I believe has just 30A on 12v, which is absolutely miserable, just 360w, the remaining wattage coming from the minor (3.3v/5v+) rails. That's an extremely cheap, over-rated, underpowered group regulated design that's well over 10years old. In pc language, it's a 'fire hazard' and should be avoided if at all possible for general pc use, and definitely avoided period if used in conjunction with a dedicated gpu.

So will it work? Yes, for that system as is, it'll work. But I'd not trust it not to fail and take out your motherboard in the process.

When you figure the cost of the case + psu = @PHP 1,290 and the cost of a decent 650w Seasonic is @PHP 5,000 you can see where the problem lies. That psu cost powerlogic closer to...
Does your PSU have enough wattage to handle your system load? Most definitely. Is it reliable and guaranteed not to die relatively soon? Not really. But yes, you should be able to use that PSU to power your system perfectly fine, though if it were me, I'd much rather invest the $65 in a SeaSonic 550W PSU.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That powerlogic I believe has just 30A on 12v, which is absolutely miserable, just 360w, the remaining wattage coming from the minor (3.3v/5v+) rails. That's an extremely cheap, over-rated, underpowered group regulated design that's well over 10years old. In pc language, it's a 'fire hazard' and should be avoided if at all possible for general pc use, and definitely avoided period if used in conjunction with a dedicated gpu.

So will it work? Yes, for that system as is, it'll work. But I'd not trust it not to fail and take out your motherboard in the process.

When you figure the cost of the case + psu = @PHP 1,290 and the cost of a decent 650w Seasonic is @PHP 5,000 you can see where the problem lies. That psu cost powerlogic closer to @PHP 150 to build and still show any profit after sales, manufacturing, shipping costs etc.

Solution

munozmigs8

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017

D

Deleted member 217926

^ This. That Powerlogic unit is trash.