Question Can I use my Ryzen 3 3200g to update the bios on my ASUS PRIME A320M-K?

Dec 3, 2022
I have bought a Ryzen 7 5700X from amazon and I read that the PRIME A320M-K would need a bios update (version 5862) in order for them to be compatible. However, when using EZ Update on Windows 11, my pc would black screen after updating to version 5862 and on a forced restart would tell me I was still on my old bios version 5606. I am worried that I won't be able to update my bios with a Ryzen 3 3200g and therefore wont be able to use my new CPU. Furthermore, the Prime A320M-K does not support BIOS Flashback according to a post I saw online, so I would have no option but to use an older CPU to upgrade bios, which I don't have. Can anyone help?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're currently working with a Ryzen 3 3200G, then in it's current state what BIOS version are you on? Have you tried gradually updating the BIOS to the latest version instead of jumping onto the latest version?

Dec 3, 2022
I am currently on version 5606, it came like that when i got my pc. I haven't tried going up gradually but I think that the one I'm on is the one before the version I need anyways.