[SOLVED] Can I use my Tomahawk b450 for the 3070?

Solution
Yes you can, the GPU will be backwards compatible with the slot. I would however ask you to not part ways with your money, until all reviewers have thrown in their hat.

If your current system's specs are that which is listed in your sug space, please mention your specs in the thread's body. Sig space specs are notorious for changing over time, making this thread and it's relevant suggestions moot to the same person in the boat you once were in.

That being said, the Corsair PSU will need to be changed, most likely, reviews of what the power draw on the 3070 will reveal more.

Lutfij

Titan
Yes you can, the GPU will be backwards compatible with the slot. I would however ask you to not part ways with your money, until all reviewers have thrown in their hat.

If your current system's specs are that which is listed in your sug space, please mention your specs in the thread's body. Sig space specs are notorious for changing over time, making this thread and it's relevant suggestions moot to the same person in the boat you once were in.

That being said, the Corsair PSU will need to be changed, most likely, reviews of what the power draw on the 3070 will reveal more.

Reactions: Jason H.
Solution

THANKS!

Im thinking I should wait for the 3070 super variant. But tbh IDK if I can wait that long at the 3070's price range.

Im using a 2060 super right now that I paid 450$ for. SO Im super excited for this generation with how theyre priced just not sure if I should wait and see if they release a super variant, which is highly probable they will.

THANKS!

Im thinking I should wait for the 3070 super variant. But tbh IDK if I can wait that long at the 3070's price range.

Im using a 2060 super right now that I paid 450$ for. SO Im super excited for this generation with how theyre priced just not sure if I should wait and see if they release a super variant, which is highly probable they will.

There isn't going to be a super variant as far as I can tell. There might not even be any ti's this gen.

Yea the 3070 is going to be drawing roughly 225w. I did a little psu calculator and used a 5700xt as the gpu which draws about 215w. Plugged in my specs and such and it recommended a 650w psu. I even put everything overclocked for headroom.

So yea Ill be upgrading my psu forsure, just wasnt sure if my mobo would need swapped as well. And I found my answer about it fitting in my case, it will.

And yes those are my current specs. I always update them, because I dont upgrade often. I was just wondering about the board really, already knew about psu. :)