[SOLVED] Can I use one SAI sytem like: https://www.salicru.com/sps-650-home.html to power-off properly TWO computers?

Queststamper

Reputable
Jun 22, 2017
I have two PCs and a small Budget to buy a SAI that allows me to turn off both of them properly when the electric system of the building is shut down… But I don't know if this is posible or I would need one SAI per computer…
Anyone can give a clue?

Solution
Two Intel NUC 8i5beh, the power amount counting both should be about 50W I presume. So the SAI abouve mentioned should be enough.
Yeah, Intel recommends a 90W power adapter for those NUCs. But the units won't know when power goes out, until the battery is depleted.
If you get a unit with USB, at least one of the NUCs can monitor the UPS. You would then have to have the first NUC notify the second one to shut down.
If you get a unit with ethernet connectivity then both units can independently monitor and shutdown before the battery is depleted.

kanewolf

Titan
I have two PCs and a small Budget to buy a SAI that allows me to turn off both of them properly when the electric system of the building is shut down… But I don't know if this is posible or I would need one SAI per computer…
Anyone can give a clue?
Are you looking for a UPS that will signal when the power goes out? If so, then the link you provided does not have that feature. It will be difficult to use USB to signal two PCs.
But unless these are very low power PCs, a 650VA UPS is probably not enough.

kanewolf

Titan
Two Intel NUC 8i5beh, the power amount counting both should be about 50W I presume. So the SAI abouve mentioned should be enough.
Yeah, Intel recommends a 90W power adapter for those NUCs. But the units won't know when power goes out, until the battery is depleted.
If you get a unit with USB, at least one of the NUCs can monitor the UPS. You would then have to have the first NUC notify the second one to shut down.
If you get a unit with ethernet connectivity then both units can independently monitor and shutdown before the battery is depleted.

Solution

Queststamper

Reputable
Jun 22, 2017
Nice answer! That's the solution. Two computers in LAN and one of them USB connected to the SAI. Software to control the device and to gently shut down both computers. Et voilà!