[SOLVED] Can I use R5 3600 on a ASUS PRIME A320M-K Motherboard

Jun 12, 2020
As the title says. Just got my RTX 3060 Ti FE and I game with a Ryzen 3 2200G, FPS is not consistent even in csgo so I need the upgrade. Gonna save some money for my new cpu and was wondering if the Ryzen 5 3600 is compatible with my motherboard, dw i'll upgrade my mobo as well maybe when I get the money for it. I've seen another thread talking about this, but I want a new update on this as I don't wanna risk anything. And don't worry, I guess that I might have to bios update my mobo, never done before, but I'll probably get around it sometime soon.

Solution
Make doubly sure to read all the bios notes Before updating bios, from All the updates after your existing bios version. Many times (especially with APU's) you'll have media update files and specific bios versions that must be installed first in order to move ahead to a more current bios.

Can be rather time consuming, especially if you haven't updated the bios in like, forever. Expect to update several times possibly, requiring multiple reboots.

Might want to get all the necessary files on usb first, then unplug your storage so that you only boot straight to bios.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Make doubly sure to read all the bios notes Before updating bios, from All the updates after your existing bios version. Many times (especially with APU's) you'll have media update files and specific bios versions that must be installed first in order to move ahead to a more current bios.

Can be rather time consuming, especially if you haven't updated the bios in like, forever. Expect to update several times possibly, requiring multiple reboots.

Might want to get all the necessary files on usb first, then unplug your storage so that you only boot straight to bios.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Solution