Question Can I use RGB components with ASUS B150 pro gaming D3 motherboard?

nospecgamer

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
That's the question, I'd like to buy some rgb components, but I'm not sure if with this board I can control the colours and sync different components with my GPU which is a gigabyte RTX 2070. Thanks for your help.

Link for the board: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/tzNypg/asus-motherboard-b150progamingd3
On the ASUS B150 PRO GAMING D3, it doesn't have any RGB Headers on the board. There is no way that you can control the RGB using the Motherboard Software. Unless you bought something like a RGB Controller that has it's own built in software for example Coolermaster's RGB Controller. It is usually powered by USB Headers and SATA. There is also another option, some RGB products provide a Mini RGB Controller for example most Deepcool RGB Products do, it is powered by SATA and there are buttons on the controller to switch it's lighting.

If you were buying something from like UpHere, some of their Non-Addressable RGB Products cannot be controlled by Software nor Controller and is instead just a fixed fading in colour.

WHAT MAKES IT HARDER IS IF YOU ARE CHOOSING AN A-RGB PRODUCT. Which stands for Addressable RGB, it would be hard to find a RGB Controller that was meant for 3-Pin ARGB. It don't even think there is one, maybe you could find a splitter but that is something I don't really know will work.

Dec 10, 2019
On the ASUS B150 PRO GAMING D3, it doesn't have any RGB Headers on the board. There is no way that you can control the RGB using the Motherboard Software. Unless you bought something like a RGB Controller that has it's own built in software for example Coolermaster's RGB Controller. It is usually powered by USB Headers and SATA. There is also another option, some RGB products provide a Mini RGB Controller for example most Deepcool RGB Products do, it is powered by SATA and there are buttons on the controller to switch it's lighting.

If you were buying something from like UpHere, some of their Non-Addressable RGB Products cannot be controlled by Software nor Controller and is instead just a fixed fading in colour.

WHAT MAKES IT HARDER IS IF YOU ARE CHOOSING AN A-RGB PRODUCT. Which stands for Addressable RGB, it would be hard to find a RGB Controller that was meant for 3-Pin ARGB. It don't even think there is one, maybe you could find a splitter but that is something I don't really know will work.

Thank you very much, I'll look for some components controlled by sata then. I could use recommendations btw. Thanks again.