[SOLVED] Can i use Smart Plugs

Solution
my motherboard and controller stand is the only thing that stays on that i cant physically turn off when pc is fully off. light strips are bluetooth and lamp has a button

Ahhhhh! They are USB?! When I hear "PC lights" I think of inside the PC. That's why we're stumped :p

What you are looking for is exactly what I've mentioned, Windows Fast-Startup. This is on by default and means your PC does not fully shutdown when you choose to do so. Turn that crap off, for starters. I myself prefer knowing off is off so I've never had this on.
dZfqPKm.png

Then what you need to do is turn ON a BIOS setting. Every motherboard varies so you'll need to hunt around in power management for something called ErP/EuP...

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Another option is turning off Windows fast start. The name is moot, with your specs its probably shaving just 3 seconds off of booting, and if it means you just turn it off and forget about the lights, I'm guessing telling an Alexa to turn them off takes about 3 seconds anyway ;)

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
my motherboard and controller stand is the only thing that stays on that i cant physically turn off when pc is fully off. light strips are bluetooth and lamp has a button

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015

Ahhhhh! They are USB?! When I hear "PC lights" I think of inside the PC. That's why we're stumped :p

What you are looking for is exactly what I've mentioned, Windows Fast-Startup. This is on by default and means your PC does not fully shutdown when you choose to do so. Turn that crap off, for starters. I myself prefer knowing off is off so I've never had this on.
dZfqPKm.png

Then what you need to do is turn ON a BIOS setting. Every motherboard varies so you'll need to hunt around in power management for something called ErP/EuP. This is an additional power save feature that disables most USB power supply from the PC when it's off with your shiny new "actually off" mode you've wrangled out of Windows.

Your absolutely welcome. Another addition to the non-fastboot club :D

Solution

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019