Question Can I use the bios USB port?

ch33r

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 13, 2010
Theres a USB port on the back of my motherboard that's for flashing BIOS without a CPU. Can I use it for anything else in windows 10 or is it only for the bios?

ch33r

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 13, 2010
What does the user manual say?
What happened when you tried it?

I haven't tried it. I don't want to try it because I don't know what's going to happen. I haven't read anything about the BIOS usb port in the manual. I just kind of know what it does. Not sure if the manual tells you whether or not you can use it for other things. I don't want to try it

USAFRet

Titan
Not sure if the manual tells you whether or not you can use it for other things. I don't want to try it
Meaning you haven't read through the manual for any reference to that port?
That would be the place to start on this unknown motherboard.

If it doesn't say anything about it except for flashing the BIOS, it probably can't be used for something else.

ch33r

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 13, 2010
Meaning you haven't read through the manual for any reference to that port?
That would be the place to start on this unknown motherboard.

If it doesn't say anything about it except for flashing the BIOS, it probably can't be used for something else.

Well I didn't read the manual for that port, because I already knew what it was for. Just didnt know if it could be used for other things. Not a big deal though, was just thinkin maybe someone on here might also have this board or at least one thats close and might just happen to know