[SOLVED] Can I use the Elgato HD Pro 60 with a I3 8100?

Jul 25, 2019
The Elgato says it requires a I5 or higher with a GTX 600, but this pc will be strictly made to stream 1080P 60FPS on the PS4. Logical Increments has a build on there streaming guide that recommends all these parts for about 500 for a dedicated streaming pc, think I could run it or if I need to upgrade what's a good cpu with a integrated graphics card that's as good or better than the gtx 600?
Other components are-
8gb RAM @3000 DDR-4
3 TB storage

Solution
Went with the i3 for two reasons: first, to get the budget to fit the SSD, and because you'll be using the Elgato for recording, so the CPU will only be doing the streaming part, for which 4 cores is enough unless you're also playing the game on the same PC, in which case a Ryzen 5 would be better. Anyway, from what I can tell you won't use this PC for playing the game too, which is why the i3 is sufficient for your needs, a 4 core can stream content just fine.

The motherboard, RAM, etc were only changed to create a more matching/balanced build, you don't need a Z370 board if you don't have an unlocked processor, and 2666 MHz is fine for Intel processors, higher speeds are only needed by Ryzen CPU's.
Jul 25, 2019
Don't need a Z370 board, H310 is fine, and if you can, get an i5 with a B360 board if budget allows. Only buy Z370 if you plan on upgrading to overclockable 8th/9th gen processor in short term. Do you have a GPU or will you use integrated graphics? Based on that, the power supply may not be enough.
Going to use integrated GPU. And this PC is just strictly for streaming my ps4 and soon ps5 gameplay.

Replaced pretty much all but the hard drive, much better value in this - that power supply you had was WAY overpriced and MUCH worse in quality than the one I have selected:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-8400 2.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($198.90 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport AT 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($32.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.89 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $426.66
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-25 08:49 EDT-0400

Jul 25, 2019
Then maybe go back to the i3 on the above build and get an SSD?

What SSD do you reccomend? Reason I didnt get an SSD was because i got a 3TB HDD would SSD be better or just good to have as well? Sorry for all the questions this is my first ever PC build and doing a stream pc is harder than building a gaming one I feel so far Haha.

Jul 25, 2019
Replaced pretty much all but the hard drive, much better value in this - that power supply you had was WAY overpriced and MUCH worse in quality than the one I have selected:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-8400 2.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($198.90 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport AT 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($32.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.89 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $426.66
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-25 08:49 EDT-0400

Also why the change on the motherboard and RAM etc? I trust your decision and I like saving money where I can but what's your explanation? (Basically just trying learn why people pick the parts they do and why they pick them.)

Okay you know why he recommended going back to I3 and adding an SSD?
SSDs are typically recommended for fast boot times and responsiveness. He probably went back to the i3 to save money to get the SSD.

However, for a dedicated streaming build I would go with the i5 and forget about the SSD simply because the CPU will be the main component being used (other than the Elgato). It's probably not necessary though since you will have the Elgato. But, if you think you might use the system for anything else you might want an SSD so it doesn't seem like a slow system. Because a HDD will make a system seem slow at times. But a HDD won't affect streaming, or at least I don't think it would.

Jul 25, 2019
Okay that's what I've been reading that SSD does nothing to help streaming but the better the CPU the less taxing. Alot of people so far I've seen reccomend good RAM and good CPU. Also you guys have been incredibly helpful thank you so much.

Okay that's what I've been reading that SSD does nothing to help streaming but the better the CPU the less taxing. Alot of people so far I've seen reccomend good RAM and good CPU. Also you guys have been incredibly helpful thank you so much.
I'm not in to streaming, so I haven't researched it extensively. So, it could be that you could benefit from the Z370 and faster RAM. If that's the case, then you would want to go with dual-channel which means a 2x4GB instead of 1x8GB.

Went with the i3 for two reasons: first, to get the budget to fit the SSD, and because you'll be using the Elgato for recording, so the CPU will only be doing the streaming part, for which 4 cores is enough unless you're also playing the game on the same PC, in which case a Ryzen 5 would be better. Anyway, from what I can tell you won't use this PC for playing the game too, which is why the i3 is sufficient for your needs, a 4 core can stream content just fine.

The motherboard, RAM, etc were only changed to create a more matching/balanced build, you don't need a Z370 board if you don't have an unlocked processor, and 2666 MHz is fine for Intel processors, higher speeds are only needed by Ryzen CPU's.

Solution