[SOLVED] Can I use trrs slot and trs slot interchangeably?

May 11, 2021
I recently bought a generic Mic with 3.5 mm jack ,it is working on my phone but not on my PC(it is being detected but not recording any audio) so I posted it in r/manjaro (I am using linux OS) someone suggested me I should take a look at jack .After which I noticed that That my Pc has trs slot and the mic 's jack is trrs ,I started looking fo adapters but then noticed that i can use trrs headphones on my pc (on the cost of mic) so can same thing happen with my 3.5 mm mic

So basically i want to confirm that does the problem lies with trrs & trs thing or my first guess about a software(driver) problem was correct........

Solution
Does That means that my 3.5mm jack mic(trrs) won't work with my trs slotted pc?
I am asking this again because I feel i was not clear enough in the question & maybe got confused
Thanks dude!! I appreciate your help!!!

A 4 pole connector (trrs) will work as a headphone with a 3 pole connector (trs) but not with the mic on the headset. For both headphone and mic to work you need to plug them into a trrs jack.
May 11, 2021
I am asking this again because I feel i was not clear enough in the question & maybe got confused

A 4 pole connector (trrs) will work as a headphone with a 3 pole connector (trs) but not with the mic on the headset. For both headphone and mic to work you need to plug them into a trrs jack.

Solution