[SOLVED] Can i use two 6 pin pcie extenders to one pice 6+2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2021
I am currently looking to move to a rtx 3070 and a i7 10700k, but i don't have enough cables to power them. I only have two 8 pin connectors on my psu and both are being used.
Would it be safe to use two 6 pin extenders connected to one pice 6+2 pin connector?

Solution
I am currently looking to move to a rtx 3070 and a i7 10700k, but i don't have enough cables to power them. I only have two 8 pin connectors on my psu and both are being used.
Would it be safe to use two 6 pin extenders connected to one pice 6+2 pin connector?
10700k is like 229 watts peak TDP
RTX 3070 depending on the model can peak 275 watts gaming.
Don't spend 1K on a processor and video card and use a junk power supply!

Power supplies are fairly easy, you buy junk you get junk, you buy at the least decent quality for a mid tier gaming PC, for a high end PC you buy higher quality PSU.

If your PSU does not have the proper power connectors that is 100% no.

USAFRet

Titan
No.
The components are looking for actual power. Not the same thing split out to two connections.

If your PSU doesn't have enough connections and cables, you need a new PSU.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
10700k is like 229 watts peak TDP
RTX 3070 depending on the model can peak 275 watts gaming.
Don't spend 1K on a processor and video card and use a junk power supply!

Power supplies are fairly easy, you buy junk you get junk, you buy at the least decent quality for a mid tier gaming PC, for a high end PC you buy higher quality PSU.

If your PSU does not have the proper power connectors that is 100% no.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.