Question Can icue control multiple of the same components

tbomb456

Commendable
Sep 9, 2017
I am looking at building a dual system PC with a custom water loop and was wondering if icue wold have a problem managing 2 xg7 cpu blocks i cant find anything on this at all. I want all my rgb controlled by 1 system and im trying to keep with corsair. Also any recommendations would be helpful. Im looking at using the phanteks p600 with the mini-itx mount for a steam cache NAS and a gaming system in the bottom with an amd R7 1700x and a 1080ti in vertical.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Not independently, AFAIK, but anything you set for one should apply to multiple - provided they're all physically connected to one system (directly, or via a controller/hub).

Not 100% convinced on the viability though, as (for example) the mITX block would need to be connected (fan header? USB? Not sure) to the main system board.... so won't be getting readings from the ITX system...

tbomb456

Commendable
Sep 9, 2017
I will connect it to a commander pro along with the other RGB in the main system then to a usb on the gaming system and as for temperature on the CPU i will monitor it by the loop temp and the XG7 is a custom water block with no temperature control

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Yeah, via a Commander Pro, it should just duplicate. Likely won't even show 2x whatever in iCue, but it should apply to both, just not independently.

I wasn't 100% sure whether it was just a block, or whether a block/pump combo or any temp control, I haven't used it personally.