Question can it run mc rt mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
r5 3600,rx 6700x ,3200 16 ddr4 ,1080p/2k

can this configuration run minecraft with RT mode?

how many fps and cpu gpu %?

It can run. But since you have an AMD GPU, so the performance is not going to be very good. Try using a shader pack for Java Minecraft. Those perform better and also look better than Minecraft RTX.

I have observed that even the non-RT SEUS renewed looks better than Minecraft RTX. Minecraft RTX is path traced which really exposes how bad RDNA2 is at ray tracing. You're better off using a shader pack

Reactions: GoldGlitch

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
It can run. But since you have an AMD GPU, so the performance is not going to be very good. Try using a shader pack for Java Minecraft. Those perform better and also look better than Minecraft RTX.

I have observed that even the non-RT SEUS renewed looks better than Minecraft RTX.

if i use shader pack will it be 60fps.
cpu won't heat up and stay at 99% all the time

if you know what the lowest configuration should be able to push 60+ fps

It actually depends on the type of Shader Pack we are using. Some packs are highly demanding on the GPU, rather than the CPU. Whereas others are less resource-intensive. Shaders actually use a lot of resources. So I wouldn't be surprised if you get an FPS reduction even with a game like Minecraft.

There are less demanding shader packs as well, but the image quality can't match that of SEUS. There is another mod option which you can use to increase FPS in Minecraft, which is dubbed as Optifine.

Or, as an alternative, you can also try the "Sildur’s Shader" pack, though, Sildur's Shaders is an extension of the GLSL shader mod for Minecraft, which is now by the way part of Optifine.

Or, you can also try downloading Sodium and Iris Shaders. These should also help boost performance, sometimes even better than Optifine. IRIS actually uses "shadow frustum culling" which can help with performance, without any sacrifice in image quality.

AMD cards do fine in lighter stuff like RT shadows. But with heavier stuff like reflections, they fall behind, especially RT global illumination.

Try adjusting some graphics settings to check which one works best for your system config. You should be okay though. Anti-aliasing, and mipmapping actually use a high chunk of processing power, without making a noticeable difference at the same time.

Actually, the main problem is that I cannot help you much with Minecraft RTX and Shader Mods, since I haven't been in touch with this game since 5-6 years. So I'm not sure if the developers and/or modders have implemented or changed anything after all these years. Others might be able to help though.

But as far as SEUS is considered, I think there are two "cvars" which we can tinker with, to increase the FPS, by turning "RenderResMul" and "ShadowResMul" values to below 1.0.

Lowering these values below 1.0 can drastically increase the performance, but at the cost of some image quality sacrifice, unless the developer has now coded it differently though. 0.7 and 0.25 values I think bring the most boost in fps.

Actually, the issue with Minecraft RTX renderer is that it computes the screen-space normal map in the first major RT pass, which is totally unnecessary IMO, because that calculation happens on every ray intersection, and then it is loaded in all of the heavy RT passes.

Reactions: GoldGlitch

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
It actually depends on the type of Shader Pack we are using. Some packs are highly demanding on the GPU, rather than the CPU. Whereas others are less resource-intensive. Shaders actually use a lot of resources. So I wouldn't be surprised if you get an FPS reduction even with a game like Minecraft.

There are less demanding shader packs as well, but the image quality can't match that of SEUS. There is another mod option which you can use to increase FPS in Minecraft, which is dubbed as Optifine.

Or, as an alternative, you can also try the "Sildur’s Shader" pack, though, Sildur's Shaders is an extension of the GLSL shader mod for Minecraft, which is now by the way part of Optifine.

Or, you can also try downloading Sodium and Iris Shaders. These should also help boost performance, sometimes even better than Optifine. IRIS actually uses "shadow frustum culling" which can help with performance, without any sacrifice in image quality.

AMD cards do fine in lighter stuff like RT shadows. But with heavier stuff like reflections, they fall behind, especially RT global illumination.

Try adjusting some graphics settings to check which one works best for your system config. You should be okay though. Anti-aliasing, and mipmapping actually use a high chunk of processing power, without making a noticeable difference at the same time.

Actually, the main problem is that I cannot help you much with Minecraft RTX and Shader Mods, since I haven't been in touch with this game since 5-6 years. So I'm not sure if the developers and/or modders have implemented or changed anything after all these years. Others might be able to help though.

But as far as SEUS is considered, I think there are two "cvars" which we can tinker with, to increase the FPS, by turning "RenderResMul" and "ShadowResMul" values to below 1.0.

Lowering these values below 1.0 can drastically increase the performance, but at the cost of some image quality sacrifice, unless the developer has now coded it differently though. 0.7 and 0.25 values I think bring the most boost in fps.

Actually, the issue with Minecraft RTX renderer is that it computes the screen-space normal map in the first major RT pass, which is totally unnecessary IMO, because that calculation happens on every ray intersection, and then it is loaded in all of the heavy RT passes.
on/off some settings to make the fps good and look good.
Thank you for your help old man, I'll try it and see how everything works

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Messiah.
First start with SEUS which is one of the most resource-intensive shader pack, and check the performance and visuals on your RX 6700X. This pack stays close to the original "vanilla" version of Minecraft. SEUS makes the game look as realistic as possible by including soft natural lighting, optional rain effects.

Try adjusting some graphics settings to check which one works best for your system config.

Then we also have this BSL SHADERS pack. Although this pack is also beautiful, it's more suited for taking still screenshots rather than gameplay.

I mean Minecraft looks good with this as well, and it is also less resource-intensive, but some of game areas in the day look too bright, especially the lighting, and water reflections, as well as God Rays. It's a good mod nonetheless, especially if playing at night.

BSL is lightweight, and uses only a few resources to bring a decent improvement to the game’s graphics. Thus, you won’t have to worry much about any huge FPS drops.

Last edited:

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
First start with SEUS which is one of the most resource-intensive shader pack, and check the performance and visuals on your RX 6700X. This pack stays close to the original "vanilla" version of Minecraft. SEUS makes the game look as realistic as possible by including soft natural lighting, optional rain effects.

Try adjusting some graphics settings to check which one works best for your system config.

Then we also have this BSL SHADERS pack. Although this pack is also beautiful, it's more suited for taking still screenshots rather than gameplay.

I mean Minecraft looks good with this as well, and it is also less resource-intensive, but some of game areas in the day look too bright, especially the lighting, and water reflections, as well as God Rays. It's a good mod nonetheless, especially if playing at night.

BSL is lightweight, and uses only a few resources to bring a decent improvement to the game’s graphics. Thus, you won’t have to worry much about any huge FPS drops.

tnx man
i will try

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Status
Not open for further replies.