[SOLVED] can it run red dead redemption 2 on medium with fps lock ?

Oct 23, 2019
I have a good workstation pc but my graphic card is the bottleneck. I rarely play games but rdr 2 caught my attention
i dont want the best visual possible but will it be enough with my specs to run this game on medium 1080p with 30fps lock?

Processor: Ryzen 5 2600x
Memory: 16GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB

Solution
Minimum requirements for the game are as follows:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X.
  • RAM: 12 GB.
  • VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 150 GB.
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 3072 MB.
Now what the developer deems as "minimum" is always up for debate, but the general consensus is this is what you need to even get the game running at the lowest settings with playable frame rates. Which I would assume would be 20-30 FPS.

I would say the game would play, but I can't imagine it would be enjoyable. You could go an extra step and enter a config and push the settings far below their preset like LOW SPEC GAMER does on youtube. But that asks how low are you willing to go to...

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
Minimum requirements for the game are as follows:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X.
  • RAM: 12 GB.
  • VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 150 GB.
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 3072 MB.
Now what the developer deems as "minimum" is always up for debate, but the general consensus is this is what you need to even get the game running at the lowest settings with playable frame rates. Which I would assume would be 20-30 FPS.

I would say the game would play, but I can't imagine it would be enjoyable. You could go an extra step and enter a config and push the settings far below their preset like LOW SPEC GAMER does on youtube. But that asks how low are you willing to go to enjoy?

And honestly you can get a 1660 TI these days for around 260 bucks which should get you to medium settings. To me that be a worth while investment.

If you are interested:
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GeForce-...sr_1_7?keywords=1660+TI&qid=1571858005&sr=8-7

Solution

WildCard999

Titan
If you buy it digitally see if there's a refund system such as Steam. Steam allows you to play a game for up to 2 hours before you can return it, plenty of time to see if it'll play well. That being said it doesn't appear to be on Steam so you'll need to check with either Rockstar's store and I think it'll be on Epic games as well.

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
If you buy it digitally see if there's a refund system such as Steam. Steam allows you to play a game for up to 2 hours before you can return it, plenty of time to see if it'll play well. That being said it doesn't appear to be on Steam so you'll need to check with either Rockstar's store and I think it'll be on Epic games as well.

It won't be on Steam I believe until December. As far as I understand Epic doesn't offer any form of Refund and have 0 knowledge on the new Rockstar launcher. But it will EVENTUALLY come to steam.

TRENDING THREADS