Question can it work and fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I found some vague pics of the HP you reference. By and large it will come down to the spec of the card in reference to the space you have to put it. I cannot recall the 550 requiring supplemental power and think with that CPU there should be some overhead with the PSU.

I have had a good bit of experience in putting things like 750ti inside the 4th gen Dell Optiplex DT (half height) models. Quite seldom that it won't work and generally in relation to a "tired" PSU.

Look at the dimension spec of the GPU. If need be, open the PC and measure the available space. The things to consider would be full or half height and whether there is room from the PCI slot to the bottom of the case and/or power supply (whatever is down there in that case/form).

I would not expect any "gaming" performance out of said, but should support better resolution and media consumption with a discrete GPU over integrated.

japaxi

BANNED
Dec 22, 2021
Can anyone tell me a good cheap gpu for "gaming",down are my specs listed:
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 1497
PSU: Some 320 w, doesnt have any power connectors
Processor: 2nd gen i5-2400 3.1 ghz

japaxi

BANNED
Dec 22, 2021
Anyone know any good gaming GPU that supports Legacy BIOS, cause i dont have UEFI.
Here are my specs listed below:

Anyone know any good gaming GPU that supports Legacy BIOS, cause i dont have UEFI.
Here are my specs listed below:

What do you consider a good gaming GPU? Let us know what you expect to play and at what settings,
You need to go back several generations of GPUs to find one that won't require UEFI. Also, without any aux power connectors, you are limited even further.

IMHO, you'll need a new computer to play anything new-ish at decent settings.

japaxi

BANNED
Dec 22, 2021
So im planning on buying MSI 750 Ti 2GB,my question here is can it fit and work in my pc?
My specs below:

Motherboard doesnt support UEFI, only Legacy BIOS.

Can it run warzone and at what fps?

Photo reference, not gonna buy from this site:

Last edited:

japaxi

BANNED
Dec 22, 2021
My current GPU is GT 210 1GB, i found some information, MSI GTX 750 Ti is actually smaller so can PCIE 3.0 x16 fit into an Low-Profile PCIE 2.0 x16 slot?

Wolfshadw

Titan
If your computer case is too small, a full sized (height) card will not physically fit in the case. It's perfectly compatible with your PCI-Ex16 slot. PCI Express is an industry standard that has not changed it's physical specification since it's inception.

As I stated, it should work with your computer. I'm just not sure it physically fits in the case.

-Wolf sends

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS