Question Can Low RAM cause stuttering in Games?

Jan 7, 2023
PC Specs:
CPU: i9-10850K
MotherBoard: MSI Pro Z490-A
GPU: RX 7900 XT
PSU: 750 Watt
HDD: WD Black 8TB
SSD: 1TB Samsung Gen 4.0 M.2 2280 (For Windows)
RAM:G.SKILL 4x Ripjaws V Series 8GB DDR4 2400
Did use DDU when installing new GPU/Switched from NVIDIA

Hello! im trying to see, with my current PC, if the RAM speed i chose is holding my computer back? ive been playing alot of open world games like outer worlds and RDR2 and i notice alot of micro stutters, and its pretty annoying/distracting. I did some googling and its really hard to find a straight forward answer as to does RAM speed actually matter. Im trying to see if RAM speed would cause these micro stutters (Specifically when looking around or shooting) or if you have any thoughts on the causes, any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you !!

PC Specs:
CPU: i9-10850K
MotherBoard: MSI Pro Z490-A
GPU: RX 7900 XT
PSU: 750 Watt
HDD: WD Black 8TB
SSD: 1TB Samsung Gen 4.0 M.2 2280 (For Windows)
RAM:G.SKILL 4x Ripjaws V Series 8GB DDR4 2400
Did use DDU when installing new GPU/Switched from NVIDIA

Hello! im trying to see, with my current PC, if the RAM speed i chose is holding my computer back? ive been playing alot of open world games like outer worlds and RDR2 and i notice alot of micro stutters, and its pretty annoying/distracting. I did some googling and its really hard to find a straight forward answer as to does RAM speed actually matter. Im trying to see if RAM speed would cause these micro stutters (Specifically when looking around or shooting) or if you have any thoughts on the causes, any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you !!
Fix what shows your not helping perf any with that ram.

Get a 2x16GB@3200 kit and test.

Besides the slow RAM, is your game on the 8TB spindle drive?
Many games constantly read assets from the drive nowadays. Gone are the days where an 'entire level' loads during the loading screen. Just for testing, try installing the game on the 1TB SSD.