Can my LC Power LC420H-12 power a rx 580 wit a single 8 pin input

Jan 6, 2019
I want to to buy a rx 580 but i dont know if my psu has the needed 8pin connector. 450 watt should be enough so iam not woried about that part i just dont know if mh psu has the right psu connector and if it doesnt have it what can i do to solve the problem. I will buy a new psu in the future and iam not gona overclock the rx 580.

Solution
Not sure what the "grey" part entails (maybe opposed to the older green models I suppose), but yes, the Corsair CX550 would be a good low cost choice.

popatim

Titan
If the PSU doe not have the needed connector then it may not actually have the power distributed where you need it. ie - 12v lines.
Link us a picture of your PSU's label where it shows the breakdown of the power distribution please.

Similar to this one
01-xi.jpg

*Thanks to Anandtech for the image.

Version 1.3 or Version 2.31?

I would say a big NO, to either. If you had a decent single-rail PSU that could output anywhere near 420W on the 12V line, we might be able to banter back and forth, but since V1.3 only does 180W on the single 12V rail and V2.31 is a dual rail 132W/96W I'd be surprised if anyone tells you you don't have to get a new PSU.

What country are you in?

Jan 6, 2019

The netherlands. i was thinking about buying a cx550 gray. A lot of people reccomend that psu and it has the right connector.