Question Can my monitor be saved?

Oct 3, 2024
My monitor got wet from the water dripping from the AC right above it while I was sleeping.. I used my PC for few hours before I realize the monitor is dripping water in the lower right corner.. The next day my monitor's entire lower half have a white blur.. It's been a week now sometimes the white blur disappears for few seconds then it returns.. My question is can my monitor still be repaired if I bring it to a repair center?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure why you kept using a water logged monitor. It should have stayed off until it was dried out completely.

How much does the monitor cost? Doesn't make much sense to repair a $100 one for $200. $1000 monitor for $200, sure.

Repair would basically consist of replacing the damaged components and there is little guarantee that they will be successful. And if they have to replace the panel itself, probably not worth doing at a shop. If all they need to do is take it apart, dry it out, and maybe clean the circuit board, it could be relatively cheap.

Doing it yourself is another option. If your screen is good, you can source another monitor with a broken screen and swap them. If your screen is water damaged, not really anything that can be done all that cheaply. Not likely to find a unit with a good screen that doesn't power on. Those usually get snapped up quickly.