[SOLVED] Can my motherboard GIGABYTE B250M-Ds3H(rev1.0) support RTX 2060

Jun 16, 2020
My motherboard model is GIGABYTE B250M-Ds3H(rev1.0). Need to know if this board can support Zotac RTX 2060 6Gb or the 8GB one(Mini or the Amp edition). I tried looking for details online but couldn't find an answer as I'm new to PC's. Please let me know your opinions. Should I upgrade or this board will do for RTX

The one I'm looking to upgrade to https://www.zotac.com/product/graphics_card/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-2060-1

My PC Spec - i7-7700K, 16Gb Ram, currently own a GT 710 2 Gb Graphics card

Solution
My PSU is an iball ZPS 281. Not enough power for the RTX. If I do get an 8 GB RTX with a 750w PSU with a 500 GB M.2. My motherboard will be able to use the entire 8 gb without any problems right.
exactly :)

I recommend:EVGA 500 B1

You dont need anything more than a good 500W psu.
If you want you can go with soemthing with 600W for future upgrades,but this evga psu is more than good enougn for your build
My motherboard model is GIGABYTE B250M-Ds3H(rev1.0). Need to know if this board can support Zotac RTX 2060 6Gb or the 8GB one(Mini or the Amp edition). I tried looking for details online but couldn't find an answer as I'm new to PC's. Please let me know your opinions. Should I upgrade or this board will do for RTX

The one I'm looking to upgrade to https://www.zotac.com/product/graphics_card/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-2060-1

My PC Spec - i7-7700K, 16Gb Ram, currently own a GT 710 2 Gb Graphics card
yes your mobo has pci-e 3.0
RTX 2060 also has pci-e 3.0
it is fully compatible with your board,and the cpu/gpu compatability is good,so that means no bottlenecks.
just make sure you have a good psu for it,if you can list make/model of your psu.

Last edited:
Reactions: NEWBIE)
Jun 16, 2020
yes your mobo has pci-e 3.0
RTX 2060 also has pci-e 3.0
it is fully compatible with your board,and the cpu/gpu compatability is good,so that means no bootlenecks.
just make sure you have a good psu for it,if you can list make/model of your psu.

My PSU is an iball ZPS 281. Not enough power for the RTX. If I do get an 8 GB RTX with a 750w PSU with a 500 GB M.2. My motherboard will be able to use the entire 8 gb without any problems right.

exactly :)

I recommend:EVGA 500 B1

You dont need anything more than a good 500W psu.
If you want you can go with soemthing with 600W for future upgrades,but this evga psu is more than good enougn for your build

Reactions: NEWBIE)
Solution