Can my Motherboard H110M4-C2H supports 8th/9th gen

Aug 8, 2015
hello guys my motherboard says it supports 1151 which is a 6th gen up to 9th gen im planning to upgrade in the future is it compatible as long as it is 1151 socket if yes what would be the difference if i dont have new motherboards by that time

Solution
No, it cannot. You must have a 300 series board for 8th and 9th gen CPUs. The sockets are the same, but the implementation and design of the socket on 8th and 9th gen platforms is different.

You can however install a 7th gen CPU in that motherboard IF you have updated the bios to the most recent version. The performance difference might not be worth the price though depending on what CPU you have now, and what CPU you upgrade to. If you currently have a Skylake i3 or i5, and wanted to upgrade to a Kaby lake i7, THEN it might be worth it.
No, it cannot. You must have a 300 series board for 8th and 9th gen CPUs. The sockets are the same, but the implementation and design of the socket on 8th and 9th gen platforms is different.

You can however install a 7th gen CPU in that motherboard IF you have updated the bios to the most recent version. The performance difference might not be worth the price though depending on what CPU you have now, and what CPU you upgrade to. If you currently have a Skylake i3 or i5, and wanted to upgrade to a Kaby lake i7, THEN it might be worth it.

Solution
Second revision of the LGA 1151 socket for Coffee Lake CPUs for Intel 8th and 9th Gen CPU.

The LGA 1151 socket was revised for the Coffee Lake generation CPUs and comes along with the Intel 300-series chipsets. While physical dimensions remain unchanged, the updated socket re-assigns some reserved pins, adding power and ground lines to support the requirements of 6-core and 8-core CPUs. The new socket also relocates the processor detection pin, breaking compatibility with earlier processor and motherboards such as your H110 chipset model.