Question Can my motherboard have a new video card?

Dec 26, 2021
Hello! I want a new video card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti) and I don't know if my motherboard can have it because it's kinda old. The motherboard is an Asus M5A78L-M LX and the CPU an AMD FX 4100.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age? To answer your question, you should be able to drop in the GPU mentioned above but the processor on it isn't exactly going to be able to take advantage of the GPU's processing power.

Provided your PSU is up to the mark, prior to dropping in that discrete GPU, do make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard. Best parse a link to the GPU you're looking at since some versions need a PCIe power input.

Dec 26, 2021
Well I don't know how old the PSU is because I got my PC in 2020 when I was noob at PCs but it's a 550W PSU Segotep RP550 and I'm not so good at PCs and I don't want to update my BIOS because i heard it's risky if you aren't really careful or something and I don't want to break anything. here's the link of the GPU(I know it's not in stock but I want to buy it later): https://altex.ro/placa-video-asus-n...t-cerberus-gtx1050ti-a4g/cpd/CSACERB1050TIA4/ and yes I know the site is in Romanian because I'm Romanian.