Can my pc handle a 1070 ti grapichs card?

Oct 23, 2018
I am thinking of bying a 1070 ti and i was wondering if my pc will handle it. Here are my pc's specs, for now at least.

16gb RAM
Intel i-3 660 skylake
Asus 960 turbo(dont hate pls)
550w psu

The i3 will limit the card, but you should be good if you switch to a 6700/6700k or 7700/7700k. No need to change anything else.
Just make sure that our PSU is a quality one to support the card... https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
Well, he would need a new mobo for that though too, and then he would have the slowest possible memory that works with the mobo which isn't exactly a plus when you want to fully utilize a new cpu. His gtx 960 is the least dated thing in the setup right now and should probably be the last thing he replaces.

Thats a Skylake board in the Skylake setup. It can support a Kabylake chip with a BIOS update. And unless there is DDR3L memory in there, which I believe is not the case, any DDR4 RAM should work fine. And for gaming, RAM speed is one of the least factors.

bignastyid

Titan

i5 660 is still a Clarkdale not a Skylake. All 2nd gen and newer i series cpus have 4 numbers in the model with the first number being the gen. Example i3 6100 is a Skylake(6th gen).

OP, the make and model of the PSU would be helpful aswell as there is a major difference between a 550w Seasonic and a 550w Turbo link or some other generic/low end PSU.