[SOLVED] Can my PC handle a GTX 1070 8gb RAM?

Nov 20, 2019
my specs are

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5

7 GB RAM

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (HP)

1024MB ATI AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics (HP)

Motherboard HP 8433 (AM4)

4 cores

Solution
If you are unable to open the case and find the specifications decal on the side of the power supply, then you should just completely forget the idea of trying to upgrade your graphics card unless you are planning to have somebody else do it for you. It is magnitudes more difficult to replace your graphics card than it is to open your case and find the model of your power supply. If you can't do one, you can't do the other.
That's kind of hard to say since you don't specify WHICH Ryzen 5 you have, and since it's impossible to have 7GB of DDR4 and since you make no mention at all about your power supply.

What is the EXACT model of your current power supply, your actual CPU model and your actual amount of installed memory?

Since this is probably a prebuilt system, knowing the exact product model of that system would be helpful as well because you are likely limited on card length based on the type of case that is used.

Nov 20, 2019
That's kind of hard to say since you don't specify WHICH Ryzen 5 you have, and since it's impossible to have 7GB of DDR4 and since you make no mention at all about your power supply.

What is the EXACT model of your current power supply, your actual CPU model and your actual amount of installed memory?

Since this is probably a prebuilt system, knowing the exact product model of that system would be helpful as well because you are likely limited on card length based on the type of case that is used.
NGL I have no idea how to specify any of that stuff, I am not really all that good with checking computer stats, I just use speccy, and it just says I have a Ryzen 5 with no further info

If you are unable to open the case and find the specifications decal on the side of the power supply, then you should just completely forget the idea of trying to upgrade your graphics card unless you are planning to have somebody else do it for you. It is magnitudes more difficult to replace your graphics card than it is to open your case and find the model of your power supply. If you can't do one, you can't do the other.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
https://paste.pics/ac8b150be1aebbe9c411c36cba840185
here is a pic of what speccy tells me, also idk about opening my pc, I'd much rather not accidentally break it

I think you're going to need to look up the exact specs where you actually bought this from, because Speccy's not reading the RAM correctly.

It appears to be a moot point anyway. If you're unwilling to open up your PC -- you'd have to do a lot more than simply open up your PC and read a table to actually upgrade a part -- there's no upgrade happening. There's a lot of gaming you can do on your current hardware, so nothing left but to wish you good fortune.

Nov 20, 2019

OK it is a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC with
GTX 1050 2gb
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
8GB DDR4 Memory
1TB 7200 RPM
with Windows 10 home 64 bit

I read that off of the box, and yes it is pre built

Nov 20, 2019
Then wait until you can find out from them. There's no good advice that anybody here can provide you without what is the most important information required for a GPU upgrade.
ok, if I take the cover off to look for the power supply, where would I find it? I do not talk to him much so I'd rather get this done sooner than later

Does your system have a power cord with a power brick on it somewhere between the wall plug and the back of the PC, or it is just a normal cord from one end to the other?

What I mean is, just like on laptops, than have the power "brick" which is the transformer and adapter. Does yours have that or do you in fact have an actual power supply inside the PC?

If you have a power supply inside the PC, then on one of the sides there will be a specifications decal that looks something like this. In SOME cases, it may be necessary to remove the four screws holding the PSU to the case, and turn the PSU about halfway in order to see the decal or label. It should be obvious that you will want to shut down the system first and then flip the switch on the back of the power supply, off. Then unplug the cable from the wall or PSU, before unbolting the PSU from the case.

swUhysv.jpg