Can my PC handle a second monitor?

skythz

Prominent
Jun 25, 2018
Heya, I currently have a pretty old 60hz monitor, so I'm going to buy a new 144hz one either way.
I'm going to use the 144hz one for gaming while using the second one for youtube probably, and I'll also use them both for programming. Can my PC handle those 2 monitors while still getting me good performance in games?
My Specs:
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME Z270-A (LGA1151) Motherboard
i5-7500 cpu
16GB of ram (1203MHz)

Thanks in advance,
- Skythz

Solution
hey dude, when you say second screen for youtube, do you mean streaming live on youtube or just watching?
If so, your rig is not enough for any modern fps games streaming due to limited cpu cores and threads with that I5
if you game on 144hz screen and do normal stuff on the second, you should be fine. However, that I5 is not very good at handling mutli-tasking. You may see performance impact if too much work. watching video will occupy some gpu resource but little. Streaming on the other hand will occupy quite a lot of cpu resources.

skythz

Prominent
Jun 25, 2018

I want good performance, what do I need to upgrade to run the 2 monitors smoothly with fairly high settings on modern games

skythz

Prominent
Jun 25, 2018

So your suggestion if I don't get good performance is to upgrade to a 1080ti? Is a 1080 not enough?

hey dude, when you say second screen for youtube, do you mean streaming live on youtube or just watching?
If so, your rig is not enough for any modern fps games streaming due to limited cpu cores and threads with that I5
if you game on 144hz screen and do normal stuff on the second, you should be fine. However, that I5 is not very good at handling mutli-tasking. You may see performance impact if too much work. watching video will occupy some gpu resource but little. Streaming on the other hand will occupy quite a lot of cpu resources.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS