[SOLVED] Can my PC parts be W7 compatible?

Solution
i am running win 7 with a 3700x on a b450 GB aorus pro and 32 gb ram. no issues but you probably want to update your win 7 iso to ensure it will install.

there is also a new hardware check that stops win 7 update from starting with new hardware. but that's easily gotten around by disabling the check.

you will be doing some extra work using win 7 on new hardware but it is not hard to do. i'm still happy with win 7 and am not concerned at all about the "not supported anymore" stuff. it's still getting updates and will get core ones for a long time to come.

so long as you still can get win 7 drivers for the mobo features and chipset, then you are good to go.

anceintsz

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2012
Sure. There are W7 drivers for the GPU: https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap...d-radeon-rx-5500-series/amd-radeon-rx-5500-xt

...and chipset: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

You'll just be running an unsupported/obsolete OS which will leave you vulnerable to the nasties on the 'Net.

I tried installing W7 on my laptop and it gets to the starting windows screen and halfway through that it freezes and my laptop's fan sounds like a jet engine.

My laptop is an ASUS TUF 505dy

RX 560X
AMD R5 3550h

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i am running win 7 with a 3700x on a b450 GB aorus pro and 32 gb ram. no issues but you probably want to update your win 7 iso to ensure it will install.

there is also a new hardware check that stops win 7 update from starting with new hardware. but that's easily gotten around by disabling the check.

you will be doing some extra work using win 7 on new hardware but it is not hard to do. i'm still happy with win 7 and am not concerned at all about the "not supported anymore" stuff. it's still getting updates and will get core ones for a long time to come.

so long as you still can get win 7 drivers for the mobo features and chipset, then you are good to go.

Solution