Question Can no longer connect to 5G Network, but only on desktop, which can still see other 5G networks?

Feb 26, 2019
I don't know why this is the case, but recently I booted up my desktop to see that my 5G wireless network had vanished from the connections list. I can still connect to the 2.4G network on my desktop, and I know my desktop is capable of connecting to 5G networks because it has been connected to this one for several months, and indeed can still see and connect to other 5G networks. Other devices I have, including a phone, laptop, and PS4 Pro, can all see and connect to the 5G network without issue.

The model of network adapter I have on my desktop is the Netgear A6210 Genie, and it says that it is up to date. I've tried manually connecting to the 5G network as if it were simply hidden, but my adapter is unable to find it.

I have tried rebooting the network, rebooting my computer, as well as rebooting the router, to no avail. In addition, several days ago I experienced this issue and tried renaming both the 2.4G and 5G networks, which actually enabled my desktop to see and connect to the 5G network - but then today the power went out for a brief period and ever since then I have been unable to see or connect to the 5G network on my desktop. I also tried disabling the 2.4G network and then using the WPS button on the router and my adapter to connect it, but my adapter was unable to locate the 5G network.

Please advise on how to connect to my 5G network again.

Feb 26, 2019
Alright, so I searched around the internet a bit, and tried a solution on a different site, which seems to have worked for me. I'm going to post what I did, for the sake of anyone else who has this issue:

1. Open your Control Panel
  2. Go to Device Manager
  3. Open the "Network adapters" section
  4. Right click "NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 Adapter"
  5. Select "Update driver software..."
  6. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
  7. Select "Let me pick from a list of devices on my computer"
  8. Select "NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 Adapter" and click "Next"
  9. Allow it to reinstall
  10. You should be able to see your 5G network SSID and connect to it as normal.

Looks like this was a problem with the A6210 driver that gets solved with a reinstall.