Question Can not log in to Netgear Nighthawk router.

May 20, 2022
I have a Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (R6700v3). Lately different devices in the house have started losing or getting poor internet. I often have to reboot the ATT Fiber Optic modem and the Netgear router. I also was getting a red light on number 1. So I moved the router to atop a shelf. Almost at ceiling height. For better transmission. (That's what Netgears documention called for.). I have not noticed anymore red light on number 1. But I'm still having to reboot occassionally. I'd like to check the settings and update the firmware. But I've owned it for a year. SO support is dead.

I can not seem to log in to the router from a browser or from the Netgear app. The Netgear app says there is no internet connection. When I have multiple devices in my home using the same wifi connection running fine at the moment. When I try to log into the various IP addresses in chrome it times out. I even tried logging into my IPv4 Addresses. And those time out as well.

Netgear documentation is as follows:

"To log in to your NETGEAR router with the Nighthawk app:

To see if your router supports access from the Nighthawk app, see Which products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app?.

1. Download the Nighthawk app at nighthawk-app.com.
  2. Make sure that your mobile device is connected to your NETGEAR router's WiFi network.
  3. Launch the Nighthawk app and log in with your NETGEAR account.

To log in to your NETGEAR router with a web browser:

1. Launch a web browser from a device that is connected to your router's network.
  2. Enter routerlogin.net or http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
    The router login window displays.
  3. Enter the router admin user name and password.
    The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified during setup. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
    If you forgot your admin password, see How do I recover my NETGEAR admin password?.
    The BASIC Home page or Dashboard displays."

None of this works. Any advice?

(Lastly, does anyone have any review sites for cheapest computer tech support? I tried googling this for 45 minutes. And finally gave up and decided to just post here. I would obviously much rather fix my issue here. But worst case scenario I would buy one time tech support. If it wasn't $50.)

May 20, 2022
I was finally able to get to the log in screen on my desktop in chrome. But my password is not working. And everything I'm finding to reset it isn't working. How hard is it to do a reset on the router? What is involved?

I was finally able to get to the log in screen on my desktop in chrome. But my password is not working. And everything I'm finding to reset it isn't working. How hard is it to do a reset on the router? What is involved?
Refer to page 13 of the user manual:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6700v3/R6700v3_UM_EN.pdf

where it says: Press the Reset button for at least seven seconds to reset the router. The Power LED blinks white and the router returns to its factory settings. When you first access the router using Routerlogin.net the default username is Admin and the default password is Password. Note that it is best if this is done using an ethernet connection to the router. You may need to enter the network access code which is printed on the label on the bottom of the router.

Reactions: Ralston18
open up command prompt and type in IPCONFIG then hit enter. It should tell you the IP address of your computer just to make sure 192.168.1.1 is correct for the router.

If your ip address is something like 192.168.0.34 then the router address would be 192.16.0.1.