Can Nvidia GT 430 run Crysis....?????

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rahulriskyjaat

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Hey everyone...

I saw Nvidia GT 430 which ave good specification and a Reasonable price...
It supports Direct X 11 and is a good card for games...

I want to know that Can it run CRYSIS on a high end?????

Please help....

g31 you can put in an e7500 as it is 1066fsb which is all your MB supports. even an e6500 would be a significant improvement and would go well with a gt240. be careful of pcie 2.1 cards like ati 5xxx series, as they sometimes have issues with older motherboards such as yours and dont work. You could even look at second hand 8800gt or 9800gt or gts250 which would be better than a gt240. If it were my computer, i would get the e7500 and a gts250 or if that goes over your budget drop the cpu to an e6500, and if your still over budget with that get the e6500 and a gt240 or second hand 8800gt.

Lian

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010

8800 and 9800 are power hungry so i would not advise you get any of those. Not saying it wont work, but its not recommended for a 400 watt PSU.

G31 chipset with PCIE1.0 would have no problem running any PCIE2.1 cards. My 6870 ran fine on my old MSI G31 mobo.

Even though I am late to the thread it can but it won't be all that great. That game can even cripple mid range cards on 4:3 resolutions much less 16:9 and 16:10/11. I have upgraded my cpu since I last played this one but that didn't stop it from maxing out my gtx 460.

bygbyron3

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
Turn off all the bells and whistles, keep the AA and AF minimal, and sure you could play Crysis and Crysis 2, but it's not going to look nearly as pretty or smooth as the screen-shots and videos you've seen.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

The closer to the minimum requirements the closer to minimal settings and resolution you'll have to play the game. Recommended is typically for medium to high settings and 30+ FPS. Beyond recommended with cutting edge technology is a whole entire other story and typical of enthusiasts.

Crysis runs in DX9 or DX10 and the DX10 path will require more in fact it will probably require the recommended specifications to be playable. DX11 results in more performance at less of a tax than DX10, but I wouldn't touch either with a GTS 430 except in games that use DX11 as an optimization such as WoW. I'd just test each API and see which you prefer, you may have to choose between low settings in DX11 and medium settings in DX9 in Crysis 2 for example.

crysis is very gpu intensive game. when the game came out in 2007 there is no hardware available to max out the game. to this day crysis still used in benchmark because of it's resource hunger nature :p . i think you should go for GT430 if you really tight on budget right now. other option is save your money now and go for better gpu when you already have it. your call :D

btw you should open your own thread ;)

lakshitharxx

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011

I have a Dual Core E5700.. I think crysis 2 is playable on GT430? I get 40-60 Fps ( 45 Average) in Black OPS..

G

Though id just point out my Mesh computer has a GT 430 (1.5gb) with 4gb ram. It can run crysis on maz settings with a framerate of about 60ps with no loss of quality or slowing. The only time i have ever noticed lag is in the massive tank battle level. It can also run crysis 2 on max settings with no lag whatsoever at a similar framerate. So yes, it can run pretty much any game in existance.

G

I wasnt aware that it is possible to game off of a CPU, does that mean a graphics card is not even required to run games- simply a fast processor? The graphics in game are fantastic, as good as any video I have seen online, so my computer is obviously perfectly capable. Can you explain how a CPU could run a game- my dad is pretty experienced with this kind of stuff and even he couldnt tell me!

G

Also there are a ton of vids on you tube of people running crysis at max on a GT430... whats up there? Similar case?

Latest posts