Question Can running games on a laptop make it "better" ?

Jul 16, 2022
Hi 👋 Guys...
I am a Proud owner of asus rog strix g17.....

Specs:
Cpu: AMD R7 6800H
Ram: 16gb ddr5
Gpu: RTX 3050

Yeah..... it's a PRETTY GOOD LAPTOP...

But the problem is, my dad doesn't want it to get spoiled..(I'm 16 and it was given to me by my dad)
He asks whether having games make the laptop better...
I don't know what to say...

Pls help me Guys......

It's better for you to enjoy playing games than not....

I'd hope by this point you've got a decent sense of safe internet practices to avoid/minimize the chances of getting viruses/malware from untrustworthy sources. Games aren't inherently unsafe/dangerous. It's when people get into game "mods" and such that you can really get into the mud.

Reactions: Nirmal Joshwin
Jul 16, 2022
It's better for you to enjoy playing games than not....

I'd hope by this point you've got a decent sense of safe internet practices to avoid/minimize the chances of getting viruses/malware from untrustworthy sources. Games aren't inherently unsafe/dangerous. It's when people get into game "mods" and such that you can really get into the mud.
Okay but it's there any benifit to my laptop

Okay but it's there any benifit to my laptop
Benefit to the hardware? No.

Probably the opposite, games are quite demanding and components do have a lifespan. Although I wouldn’t worry, apart from the battery generally laptops become obsolete before things start failing. It’s a gaming laptop, use it for what it was intended for.

I’d suggest monitoring cpu and gpu temperatures while gaming. It’s not uncommon for laptops to get so hot they thermal throttle. My current Dell G5 with i7 9750h and 2060 benefited greatly by undervolting the cpu and putting taller rubber feet on the bottom to improve airflow. This brought down the cpu temps and stopped it thermal throttling so it actually performs better.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS