Question Can someone explain this ?

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
so your mainboard supports a number of M.2 drives.
but when running one, you'll lose one SATA port.

when you're running 3 M.2 drives, chances are you aren't using the other sata-ports anyway
Ok so these m.2 slots what exactly goes on them? Just storage? im Very new to PC and am still learning. So SATA is where SSD and HDD go but you can get an SSD m.2

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Yes, it's storage. M.2 is a form-factor. They can be either SATA or NVMe/PCIe.

You're only looking at a single M.2 NVMe drive in that build, so it's nothing you'd need to worry about.

As an aside, for someone very new.... that's a very well thought out system. Although the DVD drive looks a little out of place :ROFLMAO:

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Yes, it's storage. M.2 is a form-factor. They can be either SATA or NVMe/PCIe.

You're only looking at a single M.2 NVMe drive in that build, so it's nothing you'd need to worry about.

As an aside, for someone very new.... that's a very well thought out system. Although the DVD drive looks a little out of place :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha I only did it because I don’t know how to install windows with out it .🤦‍♂️ I’ve been hearing with a usb but like how would I get it on a usb in the first place

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It's easy enough, provided you have a working system you can create the media on.

You download the media creation tool here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

And basically follow the prompts. Pretty foolproof, honestly.

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
It's easy enough, provided you have a working system you can create the media on.

You download the media creation tool here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

And basically follow the prompts. Pretty foolproof, honestly.
Thanks, do you know if id be able to download the usb file on a usb on my Mac and then plug it in my new pc and BOOM?