[SOLVED] Can someone give me a quick guide/introduction to the filters for motherboards on pcpartpicker.com?

May 21, 2020
I am a beginning PC builder and was starting a custom build on pcpartpicker.com. I don't understand what any of the filters mean about the motherboards and when I looked them up, some of them don't easily give active results like the memory maximum filter. Can someone help by describing what some of the filters mean and what purpose they serve on motherboards?

Solution
Welcome to the Forums :D
most of them are self explanatory, but I'll go down the list for you any that are ambiguous.
manufacturer, who made it, if you just want to look at ASUS boards, tick off Asus here.
Socket, the socket installed to the board, must match the CPU socket.
Form Factor, is the size standard of the motherboard, if you need an ATX board, check it here.
Chipset - the chipset installed to the motherboard, must match the CPU.
memory max and memory slots are both about the RAM, both are sliders, you can select a required minimum setting and a maximum setting. if you need a board that supports minimum 64GB of RAM and up to 256GB RAM move the right and left radio slider (the blue ball at each end of the blue bar) to the...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Welcome to the Forums :D
most of them are self explanatory, but I'll go down the list for you any that are ambiguous.
manufacturer, who made it, if you just want to look at ASUS boards, tick off Asus here.
Socket, the socket installed to the board, must match the CPU socket.
Form Factor, is the size standard of the motherboard, if you need an ATX board, check it here.
Chipset - the chipset installed to the motherboard, must match the CPU.
memory max and memory slots are both about the RAM, both are sliders, you can select a required minimum setting and a maximum setting. if you need a board that supports minimum 64GB of RAM and up to 256GB RAM move the right and left radio slider (the blue ball at each end of the blue bar) to the proper location and the search will use these as filters.
Color - thats on you
SLI-Crossfire are both standards for using two GPUs together as a single faster unit. not widely supported by games or software
the rest of the radio sliders are for minimum or maximum numbers and are used just like the RAM sliders.

Solution