[SOLVED] Can someone give me the specifications of dell 525 watt psu? Model number N525E-00

Solution
I was also planning on reusing the dell t3400 case

How old? The only T3400 results I can find were C2D/C2Q - so >10 years old at this point.
If the PSU is anywhere close to that old, I'd be suggesting you replace regardless of it's 'spec' or quality <2010.

But now i think ill just buy a new psu

Good plan. Something quality. For that hardware, ~500W would be plenty, but quality is going to matter.

Depending on your location, something like the 550W CoreGM from SeaSonic would be a good option for the price. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/cB...ied-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-core-gm-550

Corsair CX550+, TX550+ would be good options too, with good worldwide availability.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
3x 18A 12V rails, with a combined draw of 500W (so combined ~41A)
61-7tF%2BYoiL._AC_SL1311_.jpg

At least theoretically, when new.

What is it you're trying to achieve?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I have one of these but i dont have access to it right now. I was wondering if can reuse it in another different system or if i should just buy a new psu

Doesn't appear to be proprietary in any way, so in theory, you could.

Some potential challenges though
  1. Given the size of the case it shipped in, you might find cables to be too short for a 'normal' case.
  2. I don't think it's particularly fantastic. It was fit for the system it shipped with, at the time... probably not much more. Repurposing into a low power HTPC or something should be fine.... but I wouldn't be looking to use this in a 'new' build with anything much more powerful that an APU.

BoomBoomBot

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021
Doesn't appear to be proprietary in any way, so in theory, you could.

Some potential challenges though
  1. Given the size of the case it shipped in, you might find cables to be too short for a 'normal' case.
  2. I don't think it's particularly fantastic. It was fit for the system it shipped with, at the time... probably not much more. Repurposing into a low power HTPC or something should be fine.... but I wouldn't be looking to use this in a 'new' build with anything much more powerful that an APU.
The system i was potentially putting into:
Ryzen 5 1600 af
Asus prime b450m-k
kinston hyperx fury 3200 ghz 2x8
Sapphire radeon rx 580 nitro+ 4gb

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

How old? The only T3400 results I can find were C2D/C2Q - so >10 years old at this point.
If the PSU is anywhere close to that old, I'd be suggesting you replace regardless of it's 'spec' or quality <2010.

Good plan. Something quality. For that hardware, ~500W would be plenty, but quality is going to matter.

Depending on your location, something like the 550W CoreGM from SeaSonic would be a good option for the price. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/cB...ied-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-core-gm-550

Corsair CX550+, TX550+ would be good options too, with good worldwide availability.

Solution

BoomBoomBot

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021

The psu itself is 6 years old but it has been in use for around 4 years.
The new psu im planning on buying is tx550m

Reactions: Barty1884