Question Can someone guide me in overclocking my Asus Rog Strix RTX 3060 Ti ?

DolaaZ

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
I've never overclocked a GPU before and i need someone to guide me in overclocking my Asus Rog Strix RTX 3060 Ti with GPU Tweak.

Thanks in advance

Mar 1, 2023
Here is a quick guide to overclocking Asus ROG Strix RTC 3060 TI via GPU tweak:
  1. Go to the ASUS website and download the latest version of GPU Tweak.
  2. After installing, open the GPU Tweak and choose the 'OC' tab.
  3. Under GPU Boost Clock, click '+' to increase the clock speed.
  4. Maximize the power limit of your graphics card by moving the power slider to the right side. This lets your card consume more power and attain high clock speeds.
  5. Now, adjust the fan speed to keep your card cool while overclocking. To adjust the fan speed, move the slider as per your requirements under the 'Fan' section.
  6. Lastly, click 'Apply' to save the changes you made.
Now, test your overclock using tools such as FurMark or 3DMark. Regulate the G{U temperature and clock speed to ensure that overclocking is in control and does not overheat or cause damage. If it is stable, you can proceed with the settings. However, overclocking damages your graphics card.

My best advice is to spend your efforts elsewhere.

Graphics card vendors bin their chips and use the better ones in factory overclocked versions
that they can sell for more. You may be able to OC more, but then again, perhaps not.
They try to differentiate by adding cosmetics and fancy coolers which also sell for more.
I do think you get fair value from a modest factory overclocked card.
If you need more performance, then buy a higher tier card in the first place.