Can someone help LOUD COMPUTER!!!!

Robosmiley

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
Simply put - MY COMPUTER SOUNDS LIKE A JET ENGINE!

I recently built it -
Asus M5ar97
Evga 660 TI
Arctic freezer 7
8 gb ram
1 ssd and 2 7200 RPM HD's
Antec 300 with 1 side panel fan

I tried stopping each fan with my finger trying to find the culprit and it was still really loud. I tried pushing down on my motherboard to see if it was in fact a loose screw? I tried pushing my wires to see if it shaking against the case....NOTHING.

I am assuming the culptrit is my Evga 660 ti?

And one more questions - I am using to temperature monitor softwares - Asus Fan Xpert and Core temp. It seems that my asus program is generally about 10-15 degrees higher than Core temp (right now core temp is sitting at 59 degrees)

Which do I take as credible?

Can someone please advise

Here is a pic of my case

IMG_20140426_203344.jpg

Bellaflica

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2014
The video card could also have coil whine, which is pretty loud and annoying (just built a rig with a 780ti that has coil whine).

I would first replace the stock fans and try to improve cable management so airflow is better and fans don't have to work so hard, then see how loud it is.

unplanned bacon

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014
It could just be fans that run loud, and like Bellaflica said, cable management.

Also, please flip your PSU over, conventional way is fan down facing outside the case and drawing air from outside. That is, if your case allows it. Though, to be hones, you probably won't go wrong either way

EDIT: Your fans may also be causing case vibrations. Try altering the screws that are holding your fans in place