[SOLVED] Can someone help me finding good OR Budget Graphics card for my INTEL DH55TC motherboard with core i3 Processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2022
I am trying to find out a good /Budget Graphics card for my INTEL DH55TC motherboard with core i3 Processor?

I am running Windows 10 with 8GB RAM.

But to get a good performance, I need a Graphics card compatible with this motherboard.

Can someone suggest please.

Thanks in advance.

( SOMNATH ROY )
INDIA

Solution
The length of a GPU is measured from the rear I/O towards the front of the computer. Usually something like 335mm in a fairly large case. Standard two slot GPUs are generally 267mm long, but cards can certainly be larger than two slots wide and quite long depending on the cooling solution.

700W doesn't tell me much. That just means it has a relatively high output rating. We would want the exact model and brand to be sure. But also how many PCIe power connectors does it have? 6-pin, or 6+2 pin / 8-pin. If none, then it isn't suitable for running anything very powerful.

HD 4350 required 20W. Typical 1st gen i3 could draw about 75W. So total system consumption before was maybe 150-200W.

Monitor size is not resolution, but I will assume...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
1st gen i3. You have a PCIe x16 slot, but this is before UEFI BIOS existed, so some of the latest cards may not work properly.

The bigger questions are what does your case look like and what power supply do you have?

How much room do you have?
Full height expansion slots?
Half Height?
Max GPU Length?
And most importantly, PSU model or a picture of its label that states its 12V output in watts.

On the safer side of things, something like an Nvidia GT730 is likely to work, but this is a very light GPU, but given the age of the processor, the latest games are not really an option anyway. If you are a fan of AMD, then something like an R5-230.

These should be available for relatively low costs in India.

Your target resolution and the games you want to play would also be of some help.

Dec 21, 2022
1st gen i3. You have a PCIe x16 slot, but this is before UEFI BIOS existed, so some of the latest cards may not work properly.

The bigger questions are what does your case look like and what power supply do you have?

How much room do you have?
Full height expansion slots?
Half Height?
Max GPU Length?
And most importantly, PSU model or a picture of its label that states its 12V output in watts.

On the safer side of things, something like an Nvidia GT730 is likely to work, but this is a very light GPU, but given the age of the processor, the latest games are not really an option anyway. If you are a fan of AMD, then something like an R5-230.

These should be available for relatively low costs in India.

Your target resolution and the games you want to play would also be of some help.

Thanks for your Reply.

As you asked, the reply is :

I am using desktop model and yes, room shall not be a problem.
Yes, There is full height expansion slot exists..
Max GPU Length -- sorry, can't understand that. Please elaborate.
PSU - 700 Watt. I hope this will work for both Motherboard and Graphics card.

I am not a fan of AMD

Previously I was using Radeon HD 4350 Graphics card. Which became faulty now. I need to replace it presently.

I do have a plan to replace the whole Mother Board after a year or so. Presently I need a mid range ( By cost ) Graphics card. so that when I shall discard the motherboard, I may not have to bear much loss.

I am using a 19 inch AOC monitor, Mostly I use to do my personal works at this computer ( Not Games ), My daughter use to see various movies and some mid-range games on to it.

Thanks once again. Please do suggest.

SOM

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The length of a GPU is measured from the rear I/O towards the front of the computer. Usually something like 335mm in a fairly large case. Standard two slot GPUs are generally 267mm long, but cards can certainly be larger than two slots wide and quite long depending on the cooling solution.

700W doesn't tell me much. That just means it has a relatively high output rating. We would want the exact model and brand to be sure. But also how many PCIe power connectors does it have? 6-pin, or 6+2 pin / 8-pin. If none, then it isn't suitable for running anything very powerful.

HD 4350 required 20W. Typical 1st gen i3 could draw about 75W. So total system consumption before was maybe 150-200W.

Monitor size is not resolution, but I will assume 1080p unless you say otherwise. Mid-range is a moving target. Also the risk of your monitor still being VGA, which new cards no longer support.

I would hate to recommend a card that is more recent and have it not work with your motherboard or monitor. So I would say a decent budget card would be something like an AMD RX550 or GTX1050Ti. GTX960 or AMD RX460, GTX 770/GTX680 or R7-360/R7-260. Those older cards will require more power but they were only a few years newer than the 1st gen CPU and were designed with older BIOS in mind.

You might find something like a GTX1650 or RX5300 that is available new, but the above risks will exist.

Analog support was dropped with the 10 series from Nvidia and the RX 400/500 series for AMD. Some cards of either generation may not have DVI-I ports that can be converted to VGA. Worst case you need an active HDMI to VGA or Display Port to VGA converter, these are relatively cheap.

Reactions: somnath74
Solution
Dec 21, 2022
Ultimately , I replaced my old Desktop computer with a new assembled one using GIGABYTE H510M motherboard with Radeon RX550 Series Graphics Card. After about 30 mins of sleeping whenever my computer wakes up as I required, the computer starts up normally, but Graphics card driver automatically failed to load. I tried many ways but the problem remains same. I am using Windows 11 , 64 bit version.

Can anybody help me how to sort this problem ?

It shows : "
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
" for Graphics card.

Thanks in advance.

sd/-
( SOM NATH ROY )
INDIA

Lutfij

Titan
^ to avoid spaghetti brains, this thread has been closed, in favor of a new thread created by OP;

Status
Not open for further replies.