Can Someone reccomend me parts for my new build?

May 22, 2018
Hi,
I'm about to start my first system build, and iso far I've decide following parts:

GTX 1080/1070 (gpu)
I5-8600k (cpu)
ASUS Z370-E (mobo)
16 gb of 2800-3200mhz (not decided yet) ram that is cheapest when i buy
Corsair H115i pro???
No case in mind but something that would atleast look half decent on my table

I'm not so sure about the other parts (specifically storage) and i'm planning on getting a 500gb ssd and a 2tb hdd. I don't want to spend too much on the ssd specifically so any good 500gb ssds that aren't too pricey would help me out! (my budget for the ssd would be around $150 usd but i'm willing to go a tad over budget)

Any help would be appreciated as I am a noob to this and you guys will probably be cringing but here goes!

Solution
Go for slower, 2400MHz RAM. Intel does not benefit from high speed RAM like Ryzen, so you can save some money there. Otherwise parts look good. For SSD, A Samsung 850 EVO 500GB would be very nice. It costs $113 on Amazon. As for the GPU, go with a 1070 if you plan on gaming on 1080p 144Hz. Go with a 1080 if you want 1440p 100Hz. For HDD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB is a cheap basic drive. Seagate does have high failure rates according to reviews (I disagree on this, been using a seagate barracuda for quite some time without failure), so if you want peace of mind, a WD Blue 2 TB would be nice but it is twice the price of the Barracuda. WD Black 2TB is the fastest and best out of these three.

CPU is a very nice choice, will last you quite a...

jawlesspython04

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Go for slower, 2400MHz RAM. Intel does not benefit from high speed RAM like Ryzen, so you can save some money there. Otherwise parts look good. For SSD, A Samsung 850 EVO 500GB would be very nice. It costs $113 on Amazon. As for the GPU, go with a 1070 if you plan on gaming on 1080p 144Hz. Go with a 1080 if you want 1440p 100Hz. For HDD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB is a cheap basic drive. Seagate does have high failure rates according to reviews (I disagree on this, been using a seagate barracuda for quite some time without failure), so if you want peace of mind, a WD Blue 2 TB would be nice but it is twice the price of the Barracuda. WD Black 2TB is the fastest and best out of these three.

CPU is a very nice choice, will last you quite a few years for gaming. Also, CPU Cooler is very nice, will allow you to hit some pretty good overclocks. The Z370 Mobo is nice, will allow for overclocking and all other extra features. Make sure your Case supports your motherboard form factor and your GPU can also fit in it. Also, what PSU are you going to use? A Seasonic G Series 650W would be my recommendation.

Solution
May 22, 2018

Okay thank you very much!