Can someone tell me what the issue is with my hraphics card?

Leonelist

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
Soo this has been happening to me for a while,mostly when I play this game,I wonder if its the GPU that is defective or if its something else also my specs

CPU Q6600
GPU GTX660 SC
RAM 4GB DDR2 RAM

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7yWpyms8ZA"][/video]

Leonelist

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

I tried running the GPU fan at 74% max,while playing the game,it still happnes,also tried switching the thermal grease,still doing it,might be the little silicone pads cooling the memory chips?
Also my GPU temp never exceeds 50°C/122°F while playing

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well since you re-did the paste you probably took the card out, but a poor connection in the PCIe slot can sometimes cause that. Just to be sure, lay your computer so that the motherboard's back is facing down. Remove the GPU (check for dirty pins, clean with alcohol if you see anything), loosen all the motherboard screws, but don't remove, just want it floating on the standoffs. Re-insert the GPU. Try to square everything up, you want zero stress on he GPU, then tighten all the screws. You can either try it out while the computer is situated like that, or stand it back up and see if the problem persists.

It has worked for me in the past. After that, probably a dying GPU, either VRAM or internal power has become unstable.

Leonelist

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

One of my PCI slots and one of my PCI Express X1 slots have died on my mobo but with other GPUs it seems to work just fine,the I just wanted to know if I should use it for my future build(save some money on GPU) I will get a 4790k and a whole new PC so if I would be able to use this GPU it would really save me some money.I might just have to let it go.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, dying slots on a motherboard is usually not a good sign. Probably should have started with that little tidbit.

Always worth a shot to try it. If possible, you should test that GPU in another computer that you aren't buying brand new / care about. Worst case scenario that GPU is what fried your motherboard in the first place.

TRENDING THREADS