Can`t play MP3 files from Baseus FM modulator on my car`s radio

Oct 31, 2020
I just bought a Baseus Energy Column car wireless MP3 charger FM modulator but I cannot play music from a USB stick attached to it.
The default frequency of this FM modulator is 87.5 Mhz so I left the default one and I configured the same frequency on a channel on the car`s radio.
After I inserted the FM modulator into the cigarette lighter port, based on the instructions from its manual, I was able to switch the voice to English by pressing and holding it pressed for 5 seconds.
The modulator has 2 USB ports so I tried to connect the USB stick with my music to each of them but I got the same results: the voice in English is repeating a message about the current mode - it has 2 modes, wireless and USB drive.
In the manual it says to press the modulator down and hold it like that for 5 seconds to switch between modes but nothing changed by pressing it many times.
First, I have used a 64 GB stick but I checked the docs and they said that the maximum is 32 GB so I used a 32 GB stick but still no luck.
I moved the MP3 files from folders to the root since I thought maybe it cannot read the folders or the files inside them but still no luck.
I tried many times to plug/unplug it since it says that it should automatically start playing the music if the frequencies are synchronized but still no luck.
The lights can have two colors, blue and green and they are flashing alternately which means wireless is not connected which is true since I do not want to connect it to my phone.
The green light should flash slowly if the music is playing from USB disk according to docs.
It is like it is not able to read the MP3 files from the USB drive.
Please advice me what else should I try in order to play the MP3 files from the USB stick attached to this FM modulator.

Best regards.

kanewolf

Titan
I just bought a Baseus Energy Column car wireless MP3 charger FM modulator but I cannot play music from a USB stick attached to it.
The default frequency of this FM modulator is 87.5 Mhz so I left the default one and I configured the same frequency on a channel on the car`s radio.
After I inserted the FM modulator into the cigarette lighter port, based on the instructions from its manual, I was able to switch the voice to English by pressing and holding it pressed for 5 seconds.
The modulator has 2 USB ports so I tried to connect the USB stick with my music to each of them but I got the same results: the voice in English is repeating a message about the current mode - it has 2 modes, wireless and USB drive.
In the manual it says to press the modulator down and hold it like that for 5 seconds to switch between modes but nothing changed by pressing it many times.
First, I have used a 64 GB stick but I checked the docs and they said that the maximum is 32 GB so I used a 32 GB stick but still no luck.
I moved the MP3 files from folders to the root since I thought maybe it cannot read the folders or the files inside them but still no luck.
I tried many times to plug/unplug it since it says that it should automatically start playing the music if the frequencies are synchronized but still no luck.
The lights can have two colors, blue and green and they are flashing alternately which means wireless is not connected which is true since I do not want to connect it to my phone.
The green light should flash slowly if the music is playing from USB disk according to docs.
It is like it is not able to read the MP3 files from the USB drive.
Please advice me what else should I try in order to play the MP3 files from the USB stick attached to this FM modulator.

Best regards.
The manufacturer's website has no documentation. MP3 is just a container format. You still have to have the audio encoded in the MP3. You may have used an encoder that isn't supported. Or you have characters in the file name that isn't supported. Or you have directory names that are too long, or lots of other possible problems.
Take your 32GB format it clean. Then put a single MP3 and maybe a commercial M4A song in the main directory. See if that will work.
You need to simplify the problem to help determine WHY it isn't working.

Oct 31, 2020
The manufacturer's website has no documentation. MP3 is just a container format. You still have to have the audio encoded in the MP3. You may have used an encoder that isn't supported. Or you have characters in the file name that isn't supported. Or you have directory names that are too long, or lots of other possible problems.
Take your 32GB format it clean. Then put a single MP3 and maybe a commercial M4A song in the main directory. See if that will work.
You need to simplify the problem to help determine WHY it isn't working.

Thank you for your support. I was able to fix it by reformatting the USB drive using the FAT32 filesystem instead of NTFS.