Question Can the RX Vega 11 from the R5 3400GE run CoH at max?

warhammer23

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
I'm just playing around with some mini PCs and already have a Dell MFF (mine has a 9500T (6c/6t) with UHD 630) and wanted to see if it's worth getting a Lenovo equivalent that has the R5 3400GE which has the RX Vega 11 iGPU.

I mostly play a few older games now, especially Company Of Heroes 1 and so far the UHD 630 struggles a bit.
Can't find anything this specific on YouTube so what do you guys think - can this Ryzen 5 3400G (4c/8t) with the RX Vega 11 play CoH1 at 1080p at High/Max settings smoothly?

Thank you.

Here are the recommended system requirements from Steam:
  • Processor: 3.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent
  • Memory: 1 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or better
  • Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit
For your current UHD630 system how much RAM is in it and are you able to set your shared RAM amount?

Reactions: warhammer23

warhammer23

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
At the.moment just 8gb at 2666. Wil get at least 16gb in total. Regarding the shared amount, forgot about that. How much shall I alocate when I get the 16gb ram kit?

LE: I can't seem to do it from the bios to adjust the vram for the igpu.

Last edited:
At the.moment just 8gb at 2666. Wil get at least 16gb in total. Regarding the shared amount, forgot about that. How much shall I alocate when I get the 16gb ram kit?

LE: I can't seem to do it from the bios to adjust the vram for the igpu.
For your current system you can see how much you have allocated just by going into Task Manager and taking a look at the amount of RAM you have listed. My 16GB laptop I have setup for the max shared VRAM which is 2GB and Task Manager says I have 14GB RAM. If you already have 2GB allocated the problem might lie in the fact that 8GB RAM is basically bare minimum for any system now. Once you lose 2GB to the VRAM you now have 6GB RAM and that just isn't enough. With 8GB you start to page swap when you hit 6GB usage. For my work desktop that meant normal office tasks would slow down quite a bit with minimal usage. Drop that to 6GB available and you are going to be page swapping as soon as you boot. That will greatly affect your systems performance doing anything. I'd say see what happens with 16GB RAM first before going and getting a new mini pc.

warhammer23

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
Roger that, makes sense. Ok will get the ram first and see how it goes.

I checked the integrated and it says:
Total available: 4114 MB
Dedicated video mem: 128 MB
Total video mem: 0
Shared system mem: 3986 MB

While the ram in task manager is 7.8 GB.

Last edited:
Roger that, makes sense. Ok will get the ram first and see how it goes.

I checked the integrated and it says:
Total available: 4114 MB
Dedicated video mem: 128 MB
Total video mem: 0
Shared system mem: 3986 MB

While the ram in task manager is 7.8 GB.
Sounds like your system is only dedicating 128MB to VRAM that "could" go higher. I've found that these dynamic allocations don't seem to work as well as they should.

Been google-ing now and besides the bios, which dell doesn't give me an option, messing with the registry doesn't yield permanent results. Any idea where I can modify the value?

Win 10
I have only ever made these adjustments in the BIOS. It is possible that with the addition of more RAM that the dedicated VRAM allocation will go up. Sadly this is one issue with consumer level pre-built computers. You basically have little ability to alter anything in BIOS.