[SOLVED] Can the ryzen 9 3900x cause power cycling?

Oct 10, 2020
So i am 100% at my wits end here because of this build. This is my third iteration of this and I cannot figure out whymy pc is randomly shutting down while not even doing anything. On my third PSU and third motherboard and all have had the same issue. I ordered 4 sticks of ram that are on the compatibility list for this mobo because the corsair vengeances i have aren't. But at this point I'm very confused on if it's thr CPU causing the issues.

Specs are;
ADM Ryzen 9 3900x cpu
Aorus x570 Elite mobo.
4x16gb corsair vengeance pro rgb 3600hz
NVIDIA gtx 1080
1TB Adata SSD.
2 back up storage barracudas 2TB
Seasonic 850w G psu

First time this happened I replace psu with an evga. Still had the issue. So i replaced ram mobo and cpu. Still had issue. Replaced gpu mobo and psu. Still have issue. At this point I am tempted to return everything and just call it quits...

I'd suspect my ssd but it works fine in my old rig. So all i can think of now is the cpu is just faulty. But that would be my second one.

Solution
YOU can remove power, and swap the 'reset' and 'pwr sw' leads, leave 'pwr sw' disconnected, and connect the 'reset' leads to the 'pwr sw' header pins on the mainboard, and simply use 'reset' to now power on the rig.

If problems disappear, you'd have almost solved it.
It could be a faulty PC case (power button, short on a USB header, etc.)
Does it happens outside the case?

If it was a CPU issue, the system usually won't boot.

Have you tested the RAM?
Does it happen with only two RAM modules installed?

Oct 10, 2020
It could be a faulty PC case (power button, short on a USB header, etc.)
Does it happens outside the case?

If it was a CPU issue, the system usually won't boot.

Have you tested the RAM?
Does it happen with only two RAM modules installed?
Currently testing rams now. You know I've been wo dering if it's this case. I do that see how threedifferent builds could have the same issue withall different parts. How common is it that the power button can cause shorts or power downs.

YOU can remove power, and swap the 'reset' and 'pwr sw' leads, leave 'pwr sw' disconnected, and connect the 'reset' leads to the 'pwr sw' header pins on the mainboard, and simply use 'reset' to now power on the rig.

Solution
Oct 10, 2020

I just did that and it clicked on first try, where the power button was taking multiple clicks sometimes. Will let it run and see if problem persists. If that was all the issue was this whole month I am gonna scream haha. Could a faulty power switch cause shutdowns due to that? I guess if it triggers on it's own at random times. Because the PC could literally run for hours or only minutes when it happened. And sometimes it wouldn't even click on when ai hit the button after that.