Can the sapphire Rx 580 take one 8pin pcie?

sam5241

Prominent
May 27, 2017
Im planning to buy a GPU this week and I've had my eye on the Rx 580 sapphire nitro+. The power requirements say that it has an 8pin and an optional 6pin aux pcie. Will it be safe to use just one 8pin pcie, and will I have to downvolt anything? Also if it has to take the 8pin and 6 pin , will taking just the 8 pin turn my PSU into a timebomb while playing games like GTA and AAA titles like that.

My PSU is an aerocool interegator 500w and it pull 38 amps max on a single 12v rail.

Solution
Its perfectly safe to only use the 8-pin. The optional 6-pin aux is there if you plan to overclock, for the extra power needs.

The issue you're going to run into is simply finding an RX 580 in stock somewhere. The ethereum miners bought them out at almost all online retailers this week.

CooLWoLF

Distinguished
Its perfectly safe to only use the 8-pin. The optional 6-pin aux is there if you plan to overclock, for the extra power needs.

The issue you're going to run into is simply finding an RX 580 in stock somewhere. The ethereum miners bought them out at almost all online retailers this week.

Solution

sam5241

Prominent
May 27, 2017

Ccl computers have them in stock, they restocked 2 days ago I'm going to buy one right now, before they go out of stock again lol.

sam5241

Prominent
May 27, 2017

Also is 38 amps on a 12v rail good enough