Question Can this broken laptop be converted to a useful desktop

Sep 25, 2022
Hello Friends,
I have an urgent concern to be addressed.

I have a Dell Latitude E5420M model with i3 processor. It has 3 USB 2.0 ports, HDMI, LAN, DVD-Drive, Telephone connection at the back.

1. The USB Ports are not at all working and not detecting any hardware, seems like needs to be repaired/replaced.

2. The Keyboard, however has only limited keys working in which the SPACE BAR & UP ARROW Button doesn't work. The down arrow works and windows key works with Fn functions as well.

3. The TouchPad doesn't detect Left Click or Double Click, only right click works and moves when dragged.

4. The Charging Port feels loose and does charging only when held at certain angles or wiggled.

5. The Display works fine, but the Display case surrounded is broken to pieces.

Can I convert this laptop to a desktop like thing where I can attach a monitor through working HDMI on laptop?
Also, I would like to know if there is any other way through which the USB mouse or keyboard can be attached to a laptop as USB Ports are not working at all.

Thanks in Advance and Please help me understand if there is any working solution as I don't want to lose this laptop since it is my birthday gift by my grandmother and she has gone to heaven leaving me here with our laptop.

Thanks again!
Trust you are doing well and have a great day!

Sep 25, 2022
Thanks for the reply.

I noticed that my laptop has a PC slot which I don't know how to use or what to use of that?

I Googled it and see that it is an PC Expansion Slot for laptop, but I am unable to see how to use that expansion slot for my laptop.

Can I use that PC Slot to fix my USB port or keyboard as alternative?
If yes, could you please share me any link that shows the PC Slots for laptops.

Thank you!