Question Can this cooler (Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 XT RGB CPU Air Cooler) be mounted HORIZONTALLY?

Mar 30, 2022
Hi guy's new to the forum's and a newb in general so forgive me if this is a dumb question. This cooler (Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 XT RGB CPU Air Cooler) is currently on sale for a great price and I want to buy it but ONLY really for aesthetic's and am wondering if I can mount this cooler horizontally (dont care if it's less efficient and what not) Just want it working mounted horizontally. THANKS ALL in advance!

Mar 30, 2022
I am not sure what you mean by horizontally. In most setups you would have it blowing air from front to back (from RAM to I/O).
I meant can I mount/install this cooler to face the way a generic CPU cooler is facing the side panel, the opposite to how this cooler is side ways.

I meant can I mount/install this cooler to face the way a generic CPU cooler is facing the side panel, the opposite to how this cooler is side ways.
Do you mean so the face of the fan is parallel with the side of the case and blows air down over the cpu and not across the cpu? If this is what you mean then no you cannot, a cooler has to be specifically designed for top down cooling, the position of the plate that makes contact with the cpu is different.

If I have understood incorrectly can you provide a link to an example of what you are wanting to achieve.

This is, how you should install it.

06_01-1030x565.jpg

Mar 30, 2022
Do you mean so the face of the fan is parallel with the side of the case and blows air down over the cpu and not across the cpu? If this is what you mean then no you cannot, a cooler has to be specifically designed for top down cooling, the position of the plate that makes contact with the cpu is different.

If I have understood incorrectly can you provide a link to an example of what you are wanting to achieve.

Yeah that's what I meant and as I said in the first post I was just hoping to get it get it for aesthetics (looks) if I could mount it parrallel with the side panel, but now that you've said that I will just get a different cooler, all good.

Mar 30, 2022
This is, how you should install it.

06_01-1030x565.jpg

yeah I understand it's the most efficient way for air flow and what not, but I like it facing the panel, I also don't overclock and use everything on base settings so id just rather a rgb one that faces the side panel and was hoping this one could be mounted that way, but guess not.