Can this external gpu adapter work on my laptop?

Jan 14, 2019
Hello folks, I would like to upgrade my laptop DELL XPS 15z l511z by adding external gpu but Im low on budget so I found so cheap 6$ external gpu adapter so I was wondering if this adapter could work on my laptop. Reply fast!! https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/us7-50-generic-mpcie-egpu-adapter/

Since you did not list any info about this adapter there is no way to know if it will work. If it's a mini PCIe adapter, does your system have a free mini PCIe slot? Those adapters also don't work with all systems, and you need a power supply and of course the video card. In pretty much every case it is better to sell the current laptop and get another one with a video card you want.

Read through the link you put in, I have no idea how this would work in your model laptop you would have to contact the vendor support. Also make sure you read through the power supply requirements and what you need to do, as well as the speed limitations. The speed will be PICe 1x which will bottleneck many faster video cards. You can buy the adapter, the video card, monitor, power supply then find out it does not work, or use that money towards another laptop that will run what you want. A lot of times trying to save money just ends up costing more.