Can those work together ? GDDR5 video card , DDR4 motherboard and Processor

Razvan_11

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
can a GTX1070 with memopry type memory GDDR5 work with a i7 with a type memory DDR4 together on a DDR4 Motherboard?

Solution
lol no. asus as msi use industry standards. frankly, everybody uses industry standards.
the only thing I don't get is going for a 6700k - that's sole purpose over the 6700 is overclocking as benchmarks show basically no difference in gaming between those two - but pairing it with a B150 board. If you haven't bought the parts already, I suggest either "downgrading" the CPU to a 6700 (non k) or upgrading to a Z170 board

whether it's MSI, Asus, Gigabyte, ASRock -- the PCIe standard is the same for everyone
umm yes?
the GDDR5 memory is dedicated memory to the Graphics card and works a bit different than system RAM
any modern GPU uses GDDR5/GDDR5x memory while any modern CPU/MoBo uses DDR4 RAM

so I guess, you're aiming at an i7-6700k with some Asus Z170 board + a GTX1070
that will work perfrectly-

Razvan_11

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

the motherboard is an Asus B150M Pro Gaming
and the video card is a MSI GTX1070 Armor
and yes, the processor is a 6700K
now thinking at it , should I change the it from a MSI to an Asus , because it might be a problem with the motherboard being asus and the video card a MSI ?

lol no. asus as msi use industry standards. frankly, everybody uses industry standards.
the only thing I don't get is going for a 6700k - that's sole purpose over the 6700 is overclocking as benchmarks show basically no difference in gaming between those two - but pairing it with a B150 board. If you haven't bought the parts already, I suggest either "downgrading" the CPU to a 6700 (non k) or upgrading to a Z170 board

whether it's MSI, Asus, Gigabyte, ASRock -- the PCIe standard is the same for everyone

Solution

Razvan_11

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

thanks for the suggestions and help