Question Can twisting the lid of laptop back and forth damage it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamdjdj

Honorable
Jul 23, 2017
Hey, I've an Acer Nitro 5, telling this so you all can know about the build quality. It's basically plastic. I wanted to ask if twisting the lid of my laptop can damage the laptop's screen or the hinges? My friend did it accidentally, and I want to know if my laptop's still fine. How can I know if I've ended up damaging my laptop's hinges? Can twisting the lid of laptop damage screen of the laptop too? Like making dead pixels, cause backlight problem?

I'd like to know what problems twisting the laptop's lid can cause? I want to check for these problems to make sure if my laptop's still fine or needs a repair.

Ralston18

Titan
Yes - twisting likely caused some damage. External, internal, visible or not.

The twisting can degrade and weaken either hinges and/or their respective connections to lid and base.

Consider that the laptop is probably designed for some number of X times being opened and closed. Plus or minus a few of course.

So if failure was X times then the failure may now be at some much lower value of X. Twisting not being normal opening and closing.

Could start breaking loose slowly (cracks, screen problems etc.) or fail catastrophically with accompanying loss of data. Falls apart in your hands.

I would not consider the laptop as "being fine".

Immediately back everthing thing. Have the laptop inspected by a qualified repair shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.