[SOLVED] Can upgrading from ADSL to VDSL improve ping in general?

Shalou

Prominent
Sep 17, 2021
Hello, everyone. I'm currently using an ADSL connection and the download is 6mbps and the upload is 1mbps. With VDSL it will be both 6mbps.

Solution
Ping is usually tied to distance. I'm on the west coast of the USA. If I connect to servers in LA, SF, or other such close places my ping is fine. If I connect to east coast servers my ping is usually double. If I connect to UK servers I'm usually at least 4x what my normal servers all. My net connection never changed, just the location of the server I connect to.

That being said some of your problems has to do with the 6MB down. You could do with faster, more so if you are sharing that connection. I gamed ok while on DSL, but if anyone else was using it then I had issues. I have issues with my current Cable connection because I have three 4K TVs, 5 cell phones, and other gaming devices on it. So if everyone is home, family of...

4745454b

Titan
Ping is usually tied to distance. I'm on the west coast of the USA. If I connect to servers in LA, SF, or other such close places my ping is fine. If I connect to east coast servers my ping is usually double. If I connect to UK servers I'm usually at least 4x what my normal servers all. My net connection never changed, just the location of the server I connect to.

That being said some of your problems has to do with the 6MB down. You could do with faster, more so if you are sharing that connection. I gamed ok while on DSL, but if anyone else was using it then I had issues. I have issues with my current Cable connection because I have three 4K TVs, 5 cell phones, and other gaming devices on it. So if everyone is home, family of 5, then my ping can bounce a bit as people select new shows and what not. I personally think it's a router issue, not a speed we have issue. But in your case don't use the net for anything else, and make sure you don't have programs on your PC trying to use it either. You need more than 6MB down, not more upspeed.

Solution