[SOLVED] Can VPN lower MS?

Solution
due to nature of internet, pretty much "nope" as far as I know.
the ping is a time packets need to go from A to B and the acknowledgement packet of "yep, I received the packet" to come back from B to A.
in short, there and back.
VPN allows you to spoof/change where you are based on the IP servers see. It will NOT lower your latency, if anything, it will increase it since it is one more step your packets have to go through.
DNS will also not change a thing, all it does is allow you to use www.google.com instead of specific IP.
Google has tons of servers around world and DNS tries to give you the best/closest one with least ping/traffic to it to allow you to access to it with least delay.

in short, only ways to lower your PING to...
due to nature of internet, pretty much "nope" as far as I know.
the ping is a time packets need to go from A to B and the acknowledgement packet of "yep, I received the packet" to come back from B to A.
in short, there and back.
VPN allows you to spoof/change where you are based on the IP servers see. It will NOT lower your latency, if anything, it will increase it since it is one more step your packets have to go through.
DNS will also not change a thing, all it does is allow you to use www.google.com instead of specific IP.
Google has tons of servers around world and DNS tries to give you the best/closest one with least ping/traffic to it to allow you to access to it with least delay.

in short, only ways to lower your PING to game server would be to look for closer to you physically servers.
OR
get faster Internet connection, although this usually only helps with first one or two steps if you do tracert to IP
big oceans like atlantic and pacific tend to ALWAYS give you 100ms+ extra latency.

only reason for higher pings is if your router/ISP connection is over-saturated and packets have to stand in line before they can be sent to server.
so if someone is watching videos it can easily tax DSL connections to point that it increases the ping to outside IP's

if everyone is using wifi, it can also over-saturate the wifi capabilities of the router too causing this issue.
in this case, pings to your routers internal IP should also show high latency though.

Solution