Can you overclock using cpu z

ThomasJ93

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
No. CPU-z is only for reading out what components are in your system. If you wish to overclock, do it in the BIOS or grab something like MSI Afterburner for your GPU.

No offense, but if you're asking these kind of questions, I don't think you should be doing any overclocking just yet. Read about how it works and the risks first.

G

No, you might be thinking about SpeedFan. There is no option for that in CPU-Z. The only way you should be overclocking your CPU is through the BIOS. Do not use SpeedFan or any other software to try to OC a CPU even if the software is made by the motherboard manufacturer such as the Asus AI Suite. I have that program and it causes more harm than good. It is much safer and in some cases easier to do it in BIOS.

mironso

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

From here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html#whatiscpuz
this: What is CPU-Z
CPU-Z is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system.

You could google it at least. But like ThomasJ93 said: No offense, but if you're asking these kind of questions, I don't think you should be doing any overclocking just yet. Read about how it works and the risks first.